UK - The latest chapter in the 50 year history of HGCA will open at Cereals 2015, where it will exhibit in its new guise as AHDB Cereals and Oilseeds.
The event, taking place on June 10 – 11 at Boothby Graffoe, will see the official unveiling of AHDB’s simplified family of levy-payer facing brands.
The Golden Jubilee stand (no. 902) will feature established favourites – such as Recommended Lists plot tours and a plethora of independent experts – in addition to a celebration of the innovative and adaptive nature of the industry.
It will also look at the work underway to meet the challenges that lie ahead. Initiatives designed to secure a sustainable and profitable future for cereals and oilseeds businesses through investment and collaboration will be demonstrated across the stand.
Director Rebecca Geraghty said: “The sector has changed radically over the past 50 years and will continue to do so. This key milestone in the organisation’s history provides a perfect opportunity to reflect on how far the industry has come and how we can further evolve to ensure a prosperous and productive future.
“We want to provide cereals and oilseeds businesses with the tools and knowledge to thrive in years to come, and in our new incarnation we will be better placed to make sure every penny of levy is invested for the maximum benefit of our levy payers.
“Cereals is about meeting those people face-to-face and giving them access to the information they need to improve their businesses, as well as highlighting how much we are doing behind the scenes to prepare the industry for what lies ahead.”
HGCA, constituted as the Home-Grown Cereals Authority by the Cereals Marketing Act 1965, was brought together with other agricultural and horticultural levy boards in 2008 under the AHDB banner. The rebrand will also see BPEX become AHDB Pigs, DairyCo become AHDB Dairy, EBLEX become AHDB Beef & Lamb, HDC become AHDB Horticulture and Potato Council become AHDB Potatoes. www.hgca.com/cereals
Highlights for 2015
- Recommended Lists variety plot tours: taking place throughout the day for wheat, barley and oilseed rape
- Latest research: talk to the experts on developments to improve agronomic decision-making, with exhibits on a range of topics including black grass, fungicide performance, genetics and grain quality
- Measure to Manage zone: find out how to extract value from the market, maximise your profits and benefit from understanding your cost of production
- Meet the Monitor Farmers: discuss how involvement in the programme has started to reap rewards for their – and their neighbours’ – arable enterprises
- Rapeseed Oil Benefits zone: attend cooking demonstrations and sample recipes developed by HGCA to encourage people to use rapeseed oil in their everyday cooking
- Exports: find out about uks and ukp wheat varieties and about BCE’s work with overseas grain buyers and governments
- Information zone: pick up the latest publications and sign up to receive regular news
TheCropSite News Desk